Monday, March 15, 2010

Can I go in a tanning bed when i have several cuts?

I have a problem cutting myself, and lately after a break up with my bf they had gotten worse. I am trying to let them heal but they are still a little tender. I feel better about myself when i am tan, idk why but it looks nicer. I was wondering if i could still go in a tanning bed even though i have several slightly open wounds?
Can I go in a tanning bed when i have several cuts?
You probably shouldn't. It might get infected.


But really hun, please go see a therapist.......
Can I go in a tanning bed when i have several cuts?
no. an open wound is a break in the skins natural protection barrier and you will be susceptible to germs and could get a bad infection. put some polysporin on the cuts and cover. you do need to see a counselor for the self cutting, there are other ways to reduce stress without hurting yourself. use some self tanning lotion on your skin that is not cut/intact for a nice healthy glow, tanning beds are not healthy even if you're not cut. skin cancer, premature aging, etc.
Reply:Firstly if you use a sunbed you would be using accelorator cream too, which isn't supposed to be used on broken skin. Second, being on a sunbed will slow down the time it takes for them to heal, so you'll be left with white marks around them from not using accelorator and they will take a long time to heal. I own a tanning shop, so I would definitely advise you to wait


No comments:

Post a Comment