Friday, November 6, 2009

All over rash from tanning lotion, what to do?

I think I may be having an allergic reaction. I tried a new tanning lotion today and as soon as I was done my arms and legs starting showing red bumps that burn, but don't neccessarily itch. I have never reacted to a tanning lotion before. What should I do? What is going on? I took a cold shower to try and rinse any excess off but I'm still burning. Help!
All over rash from tanning lotion, what to do?
It does sound like an allergic reaction. Did it have a high SPF and contain PABA? You might try Aveeno Hydrocortisone with aloe as a topical relief. You may wish to try Benadryl too, but be careful with it. It can make you sleep. Basically, it will take about 48 hours for the reaction to calm down. If it gets worse in the meantime, though, see your doctor.
All over rash from tanning lotion, what to do?
you really should see a doctor about it. Get your allergic reaction documented. Then report your reaction to the manufacturer of the product and the FDA they need to know this ..If it happened to you it could happen to someone else and could cause disastrous results, if that person is violently allergic to it.
Reply:Hmmmm, don't those bottles have a warning on them to immediately see a doctor if any irritation follows use? I guess if the symptoms keep up...


1 comment: